1. Why do we have this privacy statement?
Or & Elle LLC ("Or & Elle," "we," "our," or "us") attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. In this Privacy Statement, Or & Elle points out the ways in which we process User data. By using our platform / our website / our application you give your explicit consent for us to process your User data. It is possible that this Privacy Statement is subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial changes will always be clearly communicated on the Or & Elle platform.
2. Who processes the personal data?
The platform/website/application of or-elle.com belongs to:
Or & Elle LLC
3. Which personal data are processed?
Or & Elle undertakes to only process the data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. We collect personal data including but not limited to the following categories:
- Personal identification information
- Electronic identification data
- Electronic location data
- Other identification data
4. For what purposes are my personal data used?
Or & Elle collects personal data to offer you a safe, optimal, and personal user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you make more intensive use of the platform/website / application and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the functioning of the platform/website/application and associated services. The processing is done exclusively for the following specific purposes:
- To give you access to your user profile.
- Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, provision of information, newsletters, and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, the acquisition and processing of user reviews, and the provision of support.
- Offering and improving the products supplied; personal and specific products based on information and data provided.
- Detection of and protection against fraud, errors, and/or criminal behavior.
- Marketing purposes
When you visit the Or & Elle platform/website/application, some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimize the use of our platform/our website/our application. These data include but are not limited to the following: IP address, probable place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the platform/website/application of Or & Elle, you declare that you agree with this data collection intended for statistical purposes as described above.
The User always provides the personal data to Or & Elle themselves and can thus exercise a certain level of control. If certain information is incomplete or apparently incorrect, Or & Elle reserves the right to temporarily or permanently postpone certain expected actions.
The personal data is only processed for internal use within Or & Elle.
We can therefore reassure you that personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties associated with us. Or & Elle has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to avoid unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to our platform/website, 'cookies' can be placed on your hard drive to better tailor the platform/website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to remember technical choices.
If you want to consult the platform/website of Or & Elle, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. How you can disable cookies, on the other hand, can also be read in our Cookie Statement.
6. What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of lawful and safe processing of personal data
Or & Elle always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This entails the following guarantees:
- Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and justified purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data will only be processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant, and not excessive.
- Personal data will only be kept for as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and justified purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimize the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data. In the event of a break-in in its IT systems, Or & Elle will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
6.2 Right to access / rectify / delete your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you have the right to obtain an answer from Or & Elle about whether or not your personal data is processed. When Or & Elle processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the collected personal data. If you wish to use your right of access, Or & Elle will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to INFO@OR-ELLE.COM
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be improved. In the first place, it is up to the User to adjust inaccuracies and incompleteness. You can exercise your right to rectification by providing an additional statement to Or & Elle. Or & Elle will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected;
- When the personal data was collected on the basis of obtained consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- When an objection is lodged against the processing and there are no prevailing compelling legitimate grounds for the processing;
- When the personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
Or & Elle assesses the presence of one of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 Right to limit / object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data:
- During the period that Or & Elle needs to check the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and the User requests a restriction of the processing instead of the deletion of the personal data;
- When Or & Elle no longer needs the personal data of the User for the processing purposes and the User needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
- During the period that Or & Elle needs to assess the presence of the grounds for erasing personal data.
The User also has the right to object to the processing of their personal data at any time. Or & Elle will then cease processing your personal data, unless Or & Elle can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your personal data that outweigh the User's right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, Or & Elle will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to INFO@OR-ELLE.COM
6.4 Right to data portability
User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to Or & Elle in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer these personal data to another controller when the processing of the personal data is based solely on the User's consent obtained.
If User wishes to exercise this right, Or & Elle will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to INFO@OR-ELLE.COM.
6.5 Right to withdraw my consent / right to file a complaint
User has the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. In addition, User has the right to submit a complaint regarding the processing of their personal data by Or & Elle to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If User wishes to exercise this right, Or & Elle will comply with this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to INFO@OR-ELLE.COM