1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data or text files that are placed on your local computer by websites and applications. Such cookies can have different purposes: there are technical cookies (for example to keep track of language settings), session cookies (temporary cookies that expire after one session), and tracking cookies (cookies that keep track of your behavior on the internet, offering a more optimal user experience).
The Belgian Law on electronic communications of 13 June 2005 contains some provisions regarding cookies and their use on websites. Due to the European e-Privacy Directive, the cookies legislation can be implemented differently in the various European member states.
Or & Elle ("Or & Elle," "we," "our," or "us") is located in Belgium and therefore follows the Belgian legislation on cookies.
2. Purpose and usefulness of cookies
If you want to consult the platform/website of Or & Elle, it is recommended that the technical settings for cookies are enabled. Without cookies enabled, Or & Elle cannot guarantee a smooth visit to the platform/website. If you prefer not to use the cookies, you as a visitor are free to disable the cookies.
3. Types of cookies used by Or & Elle
We distinguish the following types of cookies, depending on their purposes:
- Essential/Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the platform/website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions taken by you, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling out forms. They are necessary for good communication and make navigation easier (for example, returning to a previous page, etc.).
Non-essential cookies: These cookies are not necessary in and of themselves for the platform/website to function, but they do help us offer an improved and personalized website.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the platform/website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They can be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to track visits and traffic so that we can measure and improve the performance of our platform/website. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and how visitors move around the platform/website.
- Targeting/advertising cookies: These cookies can be set by our advertising partners via our platform/website. They can be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertising on other sites. We use both our own cookies and cookies from carefully selected partners with whom we work and who advertise our services on their website.
We use both our own cookies and cookies from carefully selected partners with whom we work and who advertise our services on their website.
|Session cookies||Essential/Strictly necessary cookies||24 hours|
|Google Analytics||Analytical cookies||24 hours|
4. Management of cookies
If you want to consult Or & Elle’s platform/website, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. However, if you prefer not to, you as a visitor are free to disable cookies in your internet browser settings.
5. Rights of the visitors
Since cookies can constitute a processing of personal data, you as a data subject have the right to the lawful and secure processing of personal data. As a data subject, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right to object: If there are compelling and justified reasons, you can object to the processing of personal data.
- Right of access: Any data subject who proves their identity has a right of access to information about the existence of processing of their personal data, the purposes of this processing, the categories of data to which these processing operations relate, and the categories of recipients to whom the data will be disclosed.
- Right to correction: Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected or even deleted at the request of the data subject.
These rights are exercised in accordance with the modalities as set out in our Privacy Statement. You can also find more information about the rights of visitors in the Privacy Statement. If, after reading this Cookies Statement, you still have any questions or comments about cookies, you can always contact us at: INFO@OR-ELLE.COM